Wednesday 27 February 2013

Now What?

Wow! I can't believe our computers in the classroom course is over. I have learnt more than I thought I would about technology integration within the classroom! I was also surprised because I realized how practical technology is and how easy it actually is to figure out. I have also learnt how technology allows educators to be both creative and innovative with how they incorporate technology into thier lesson plans. Some favorite uses of techology that I found and that I know I will be using in the future are:

1. Google docs: I had NO idea that something like this existed! I love that you can collaborate with others as groups online, all at once, on the exact same document.

2. Edutopia: As part of expanding my personal PLN, I believe edutopia (as found on twitter) is an excellent way of listening to other educators and their inspirational ideas.

3. Use of skype in classroom: I loved reading one article about how skype could be used to connect classrooms around the globe to learn about different cultures!

4. Common Craft Videos: This was such a blast to create! This is such a great idea for getting students involved in project based learning and is applicable to every single subject.

Overall, I am greatful for such a wonderful class, classmates, inspiring professor, and all the valuable knowledge and insight we learnt for our future classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment